Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March Madness!!

We are in the mist of one of the most exciting times on the sports calendar. Everyone fills out their brackets and enters some kind of pool in hopes to win a few bucks. They feel confident in all of their picks, especially the final four. The first day of games passes and everyone's bracket is still looking pretty good, but thats because there was only one real upset. I was pretty happy myself. I was 11-1 after the first day.
Then the upsets began.

In 4 days, 64 teams were cut down to 16 and right now we are in the middle of what is known as the Sweet 16 round. With Western Kentucky's loss to UCLA last night there is only one team with a double digit seed remaining in the tournament(Davidson plays tonight) and according to the ESPN bracket challenge there are only two people out of several million who have chosen the final 16 teams correctly. That is why it is March MADNESS. It could drive sports fans crazy. All of the #1 seeds, North Carolina, Kansas, Memphis, and UCLA, are still going strong. There is now only one #2 seed remaining in Texas, my pick to win it all (I don't like picking the clear front runner North Carolina like everyone else).

Even though my bracket is all screwed up, I can still rout for my 3 final four picks that are still alive, but I would rather see a team like Davidson win it all because there is nothing like in upset in sports.

No comments: