Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trash Talk?

There are only a few more days until the final football game of the season so I might as well talk football while I can. There are two dreaded weeks in between the conference championship games and the super bowl. Two weeks for the media to search for and dig up any stories they can find involving the two teams. Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress has predicted a 23-17 victory. Seeing a story begin to brew, members of the media began licking their lips. MVP Tom Brady responds by laughing and saying, "We're only going to score 17 points. O.K." The media goes nuts. I don't see the big deal. I used to hate trash talking, but now that it involves my New York football Giants, I see it as good clean fun. Both players were having fun with it and they both said the right thing. What is wrong with having a confident receiver? What is Burress supposed to say? That is team is going to lose. Brady was just saying the truth. They haven't been held under 20 points all season. This is nothing but a fun story and something to pass the time before Sunday.

No comments: